Re: [Patch] Fix another unbound alloca (BZ 13761)

On 06/22/2012 02:51 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
On 6/22/2012 4:46 PM, Jeff Law wrote:
This is a follow-up to fully resolve 13761.

Using the same procedures mentioned in BZ 13761, it's still
possible to trigger an unbound alloca in nscd.  Basically
Siddhesh's patch fixed the first unbound alloca, but left a later
one unfixed.

Basically DATASET in cache_addgr can grow without bound in one
particular case.  When we can not permanently add the result, but
can provide the result as-is we allocate temporary memory to hold
that DATASET.  If DATASET is large, we blow out the stack.

Unified diff please.

I don't even know how to read the non-unified kind, I know, young
kids these days, it looks like squiggles to me :-)
:-) And I can't read the new-fangled unidiffs no matter how hard I try.

unidiff version attached.