This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [BZ #12194] Fix byteswap conversion warning
- From: Andreas Krebbel <krebbel at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 16:43:58 +0200
- Subject: Re: [BZ #12194] Fix byteswap conversion warning
- References: <email@example.com>
On 06/20/2012 09:17 AM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> The bugreport was closed in October 2010 - but only the x86 versions
> were fixed but not the others as noticed today.
> Here's a fix for the rest. I tested the generic functions on my system.
> Ok to commit?
> Andreas, you might want to cleanup the s390 functions, I'm not convinced
> that the __tmp variable is needed. Could you test also the patch below,
Tested on s390x - no regressions.
The byteswap.h files probably should only use software implementations which hopefully
will be recognized by GCC and replaced with hardware instructions (GCC >= 4.5.0).