Re: Request for help: Fix building tarballs for ports add-on.

On Wed, 13 Jun 2012, Roland McGrath wrote:

> I've been thinking that right after 2.16 will be a good time to consolidate
> the repositories (just the initial step, making it ports/ under the libc
> tree).

We'll need to work out if that comes with any change to expectations
regarding what people update in global changes.  (My presumption would be
that people would still be expected to identify when a change requires
corresponding ports changes, but not necessarily to make those changes
themselves - and if any architecture moves out of the ports subdirectory,
and so is then expected to be included in future global changes, that
should only happen if the architecture is believed to be up to date with
such changes at the time of the move.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com