Re: v2: The GNU C Library 2.16 release plan

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Jeff Law <law@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 05/31/2012 01:14 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
>>>

>> You can actually do this in a side koji tag or on a Fedora
>> infrastructure build box somewhere. ?It might be doable, just need to
>> talk to the right people.
>>
>> Fedora rebuilds whenever a new GCC necessitates it, but that likely
>> isn't going to coincide with glibc releases, somewhat unfortuantely.
>
> Yes, but the mass rebuilds are fairly disruptive.

Right!  Which is why I said it could be done with side koji tag or on
a standalone box.  It's a mass rebuild without really doing a mass
rebuild that impacts the Fedora project.  Throw-away builds of a sort.

Jakub has done side koji tags in the past for new gcc releases before
dropping them into rawhide.  It can be done if someone wants spend the
time.

josh