This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
PATCH: Use x86_64 bits/environments.h for both i386 and x86_64
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hongjiu dot lu at intel dot com>
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 06:25:06 -0700
- Subject: PATCH: Use x86_64 bits/environments.h for both i386 and x86_64
- Reply-to: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
This patch uses x86_64 bits/environments.h for both i386 and x86_64.
OK to install?
* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386/bits/environments.h: Removed.
* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/bits/environments.h: Renamed
* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86/bits/environments.h: This.
diff --git a/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386/bits/environments.h b/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386/bits/environments.h
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,67 +0,0 @@
-/* Copyright (C) 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
- This file is part of the GNU C Library.
- The GNU C Library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
- modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
- License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
- version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
- The GNU C Library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
- but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
- MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
- Lesser General Public License for more details.
- You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public
- License along with the GNU C Library; if not, see
- <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>. */
-# error "Never include this file directly. Use <unistd.h> instead"
-/* This header should define the following symbols under the described
- situations. A value `1' means that the model is always supported,
- `-1' means it is never supported. Undefined means it cannot be
- statically decided.
- _POSIX_V7_ILP32_OFF32 32bit int, long, pointers, and off_t type
- _POSIX_V7_ILP32_OFFBIG 32bit int, long, and pointers and larger off_t type
- _POSIX_V7_LP64_OFF32 64bit long and pointers and 32bit off_t type
- _POSIX_V7_LPBIG_OFFBIG 64bit long and pointers and large off_t type
- The macros _POSIX_V6_ILP32_OFF32, _POSIX_V6_ILP32_OFFBIG,
- _POSIX_V6_LP64_OFF32, _POSIX_V6_LPBIG_OFFBIG, _XBS5_ILP32_OFF32,
- _XBS5_ILP32_OFFBIG, _XBS5_LP64_OFF32, and _XBS5_LPBIG_OFFBIG were
- used in previous versions of the Unix standard and are available
- only for compatibility.
-/* By default we have 32-bit wide `int', `long int', pointers and `off_t'
- and all platforms support LFS. */
-#define _POSIX_V7_ILP32_OFF32 1
-#define _POSIX_V7_ILP32_OFFBIG 1
-#define _POSIX_V6_ILP32_OFF32 1
-#define _POSIX_V6_ILP32_OFFBIG 1
-#define _XBS5_ILP32_OFF32 1
-#define _XBS5_ILP32_OFFBIG 1
-/* We optionally provide an environment with the above size but an 64-bit
- side `off_t'. Therefore we don't define _POSIX_V7_ILP32_OFFBIG. */
-/* Environments with 64-bit wide pointers can be provided,
- so these macros aren't defined:
- # undef _POSIX_V7_LP64_OFF64
- # undef _POSIX_V7_LPBIG_OFFBIG
- # undef _POSIX_V6_LP64_OFF64
- # undef _POSIX_V6_LPBIG_OFFBIG
- # undef _XBS5_LP64_OFF64
- # undef _XBS5_LPBIG_OFFBIG
- and sysconf tests for it at runtime. */
-#define __ILP32_OFF32_CFLAGS "-m32"
-#define __ILP32_OFFBIG_CFLAGS "-m32 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64"
-#define __ILP32_OFF32_LDFLAGS "-m32"
-#define __ILP32_OFFBIG_LDFLAGS "-m32"
-#define __LP64_OFF64_CFLAGS "-m64"
-#define __LP64_OFF64_LDFLAGS "-m64"
diff --git a/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/bits/environments.h b/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86/bits/environments.h
similarity index 100%
rename from sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/bits/environments.h
rename to sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86/bits/environments.h