This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Use the same set of header files for x86-64 and i386
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 19:03:42 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Use the same set of header files for x86-64 and i386
- References: <20120530185042.GA5660@intel.com>
On Wed, 30 May 2012, H.J. Lu wrote:
> Here is a patch to use the same set of header files for x86-64 and i386.
> It is on hjl/pr14117 branch. This change is pretty much straight
> forward by using x86-64 headers for both x86-64 and i386. There are
> 3 exceptions:
This doesn't deal with sysdeps/i386/fpu / sysdeps/x86_64/fpu headers - I
suppose you'll deal with those separately.
What I want to see for such a patch is not so much the source code diff as
a before-and-after diff of the installed headers for i386. That's what
needs reviewing - whether there are any semantic changes to the headers
installed for 32-bit glibc. And I think this will need splitting up into
smaller pieces that are easier to review (each one with its own
before-and-after diff of installed headers).
Joseph S. Myers