Re: Weekday/Workday for EU locales in glibc

On 5/30/2012 1:36 AM, Jeff Law wrote:
>> Are we even discussing these topics on the right list?  Half of the
>> mails in CC bounced,
> Vast majority bounced.  I think even the one gent who was responsible
> for most of the locales bounced :(

Would you please be so kind as to checkin patches that remove emails
that bounce and set them to libc-alpha@sourceware.org? This is the
kind of obvious patch that you can checkin without review.

>> *-locale(s?) weren't added,
> -locales has been a complete black hole based on my experience.
> Adding it would have been pointless IMHO.

I agree. In fact I would immediately accept a patch that scrubs
all *locale* email references to libc-alpha@sourceware.org.

We need to bring all the discussions back to libc-alpha and
start from the ground up again.

>> That said, I of course am completely for changing the currently
>> broken locales.  I just doubt that if one ventures into the other
>> locales that one would find those are correct regarding this topic.
>> So fixing the european locales only is useful, but I think
>> ultimately hypocritical.
> I'm certainly not suggesting we stop with fixing the EU locales, it's
> step #1 and IMHO a step we ought to take now rather than wait on a
> new set of policies & procedures and potential input from new
> contributors such as olson, Petr M., etc.

Thanks for driving this forward Jeff.

Cheers,
Carlos.
--