This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][SH] SH CFI directives patch, revised
- From: Kaz Kojima <kkojima at rr dot iij4u dot or dot jp>
- To: thomas at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: cltang at codesourcery dot com, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 08:23:34 +0900 (JST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][SH] SH CFI directives patch, revised
- References: <4FB4D3E4.email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org>
Thomas Schwinge <email@example.com> wrote:
>> 3) The SYSCALL_ERROR_HANDLER macro in
>> sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/sh/sysdep.h has been changed to use CFI
>> directives to mark r12's save/restore. The RTLD_PRIVATE_ERRNO version
>> is not dealt with, because simply, r12 there is never saved.
> Hmm, I don't quite understand how that code can get away with not
> preserving r12 -- Kaz, do you have an explanation? The code in question:
I don't remember any explanation. Maybe just my oversight.
I agree that r12 should be preserved there.