This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [ppc] Include hwcap as ifunc argument
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: rth at twiddle dot net
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, libc-ports at sourceware dot org, rsa at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com, joseph at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 15:47:21 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [ppc] Include hwcap as ifunc argument
- References: <4FBA744A.email@example.com><4FBE4843.firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Richard Henderson <email@example.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 07:40:03 -0700
> On 05/21/2012 09:58 AM, Richard Henderson wrote:
>> Aside from the x86 port, there are only two targets that have ifunc
>> support in glibc mainline: ppc and arm. It would be awesomely handy
>> if we switch these targets to mirror the sparc lead in passing along
>> the dl_hwcap contents as an argument to the resolver, *and* to do it
>> in the same release as adding getauxval. There are some clever things
>> we can do at static link time if we know that getauxval corresponds to
>> the availability of the ifunc argument.
>> Dave, dunno if you wanna change the signature of the arg from int to
>> unsigned long for 64-bit? It just seemed prudent to do that here...
>> I'll present a similar patch for arm shortly...
> Like so. Tested on armv7. And a ping for the ppc patch?
You also have to adjust the IFUNC invocations in dl-machine.h, and
potentially elsewhere in the port.