This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [ppc] Include hwcap as ifunc argument
- From: "Ryan S. Arnold" <ryan dot arnold at gmail dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 10:02:31 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ppc] Include hwcap as ifunc argument
- References: <4FBA744A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Richard Henderson <email@example.com> wrote:
> Aside from the x86 port, there are only two targets that have ifunc
> support in glibc mainline: ppc and arm. ÂIt would be awesomely handy
> if we switch these targets to mirror the sparc lead in passing along
> the dl_hwcap contents as an argument to the resolver, *and* to do it
> in the same release as adding getauxval. ÂThere are some clever things
> we can do at static link time if we know that getauxval corresponds to
> the availability of the ifunc argument.
I'll test this right now.