This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PATCH: Add sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/x32/configure.in
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 17:02:07 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Add sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/x32/configure.in
- References: <20120523235002.GA25115@intel.com>
> This patch adds sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/x32/configure.in
> to specify minimum kernel and directories for x32.
It's fine to make it a configure.in, but since there is no use of
autoconf macros here, you could instead make it just a configure.
That's simpler if you don't expect that this file will one day grow
some macro use. But either way is OK.
> I used 2.6.39 as
> minimum kernel since Fedora 15 kernel maps kernel 3.x to 2.6.4x.y.
Fedora 15 didn't have x32, so what does that matter? The first
official Linux kernel release with x32 was 3.4, so that's what it