This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
x32 glibc status
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 14:14:47 -0700
- Subject: x32 glibc status
Thanks to Roland's help, most of x32 changes are now on master.
The remaining ones are
1. time/mktime.c. I got
mktime.c: In function ‘ydhms_diff’:
mktime.c:170:56: error: size of array ‘a’ is negative
We need to update mktime.c to gnulib version.
2. gettimeofday.c and time.c. Roland and I are working on them.
3. malloc/malloc.c. After #1 and #2 are fixed, one can build x32 glibc
as a cross target:
# BUILD_CC="gcc" CC="gcc -mx32" CXX="g++ -mx32" CFLAGS="-O2 -g"
--prefix=/usr --target=x86_64-x32-linux --build=x86_64-linux
At this pointer, most of binaries will segfault due to malloc alignment
issue. I will submit malloc patches after #1 and #2 aee fixed.
4. abilist files. I will submit them after #1 and #2 are fixed.
5. X32 C++ type data. I will submit it after #1 and #2 are fixed.
6. stubs-biarch.h and lib-names.h. The current scheme doesn't support
more than 2 ABIs. I have patches. But they are x86-64 specific. I will
try to find a generic solution, similar to syscall.h.