This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [ppc] Include hwcap as ifunc argument
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: rth at twiddle dot net
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, rsa at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com
- Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 15:42:22 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [ppc] Include hwcap as ifunc argument
- References: <4FBA744A.email@example.com>
From: Richard Henderson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 09:58:50 -0700
> Dave, dunno if you wanna change the signature of the arg from int to
> unsigned long for 64-bit? It just seemed prudent to do that here...
I don't think so, because I'll always have to accomodate 32-bit
userland running on a 64-bit kernel, and thus I'll effectively always
be limited to 32-bit hwcap values.
So I'd rather not create the illusion that something larger than
32-bit is even possible. :-)
And on this topic I frankly think, as I did when I made the original
sparc change, that we should pass the hwcaps into the IFUNC resolvers
on every target not just a select few.