This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PATCH: Add 64-bit preadv.c and pwritev.c
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 10:20:55 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Add 64-bit preadv.c and pwritev.c
- References: <20120518200812.GA17410@intel.com> <20120519052100.4D9452C062@topped-with-meat.com>
On Fri, 18 May 2012, Roland McGrath wrote:
> It's worth checking if all the machines that use linux/wordsize-64 have
> __ASSUME_PREADV set at our current (or soon-to-be-current) minimum kernel
> version. If they do, then this can just be a syscalls.list file instead.
__ASSUME_PREADV is set for 2.6.30 and later, which is well beyond the
2.6.16 we seem to have consensus to make the minimum kernel version for
Joseph S. Myers