This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Fixes for 2.15.1
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at systemhalted dot org>
- To: Chris Metcalf <cmetcalf at tilera dot com>
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 15:42:19 -0400
- Subject: Re: Fixes for 2.15.1
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com><20120223191546.509A52C104@topped-with-meat.com><Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org><4F4BEB07.email@example.com><CADZpyizxjGZhSGKjn_UHnFOnMsTPu1KUja0FbPv_fiUWjw7yEg@mail.gmail.com><4FB6A4BA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 3:36 PM, Chris Metcalf <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 2/27/2012 3:58 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 3:43 PM, Chris Metcalf <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>>> On 2/24/2012 4:12 PM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
>>>>>> and didn't look at the question of backporting libc changes needed for the
>>>>>> Tile ports.
>>>>> If the tile ports went in using GLIBC_2.15 then it might be appropriate.
>>>> Yes, the ports did go in the ports repository for 2.15. ?I'll leave it to
>>>> Chris to file any backport requests wanted.
>>> Done. ?The bugzillas are as follows; they are all for glibc core except the
>>> last one, which bundles up a few tile-specific changes from glibc-ports.
>>> A 2.15-based git tree with the relevant changes cherry-picked into it is in
>>> "cmetcalf/tile-2.15". ?It includes one extra commit that's not actually
>>> needed in 2.15.1 (removing HAVE_ELF and NO_UNDERSCORES checks from
>>> tile/sysdep.h), but it's harmless.
>> Thanks! I'll review these.
> Ping? ?I looked at release/origin/2.15/master, and I don't see the changes
> merged from my tile-2.15 tree yet, and the Bugzilla tracking bugs are all
> still open.
> I'm happy to merge these to the release branch myself if that would be helpful.
Sorry, I was blocked by the AVX/FMA4 issues with backport BZ #13753,
which have just gotten resolved.
Hopefully I'll be moving quickly through the rest of the backports now.