Re: RFC: manual/contrib.texi

On Thu, 17 May 2012, Roland McGrath wrote:

> Some of the credits are for people who contributed ports that we've since
> removed.  I certainly don't mind continuing to recognize them even though
> we're no longer benefitting from their past contributions.

Certainly GCC practice is to keep the thanks for contributions that were
removed - on the basis that they were a useful contribution in the
environments in which GCC was used at the time, although circumstances
later changed so that the code was no longer of sufficient use to keep in
current GCC.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com