This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Export AT_HWCAP from libc, v4
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: rth at redhat dot com
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, aj at suse dot com, ryan dot arnold at gmail dot com
- Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 16:28:44 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Export AT_HWCAP from libc, v4
- References: <4FB52B02.firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Richard Henderson <email@example.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 09:44:50 -0700
> Changes v3->v4:
> * Drop gethwcap in favour of only getauxval with a special case test.
> I'm just about convinced it's much more useful to extend Dave's Sparc
> IFUNC trick to "all" targets. I will attempt to measure this overhead
> before I formally propose such a patch.
> * Comments updated, as per AJ.
> * Documentation added, as per Joseph.
> * Patch set compressed to a single patch.
These changes look good to me.
Ignore my comments about using uint64_t for hwcap, I can't do that on
sparc because on 32-bit we wouldn't be able to pass that many bits in
via the existing single hwcap aux vector anyways :-/ I'll have to
either conserve bits or pass things in via another aux vector entry,
the latter of which seems very undesirable.