This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PATCH: Add tst-mallocalign1
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at systemhalted dot org>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 11:11:20 -0400
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Add tst-mallocalign1
- References: <20120517143929.GA10511@intel.com>
On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 10:39 AM, H.J. Lu <email@example.com> wrote:
> This patch adds tst-mallocalign1 to test malloc alignment. ?Tested on
> Linux/x86-64. ?OK to install?
> ? ? ? ?* sysdeps/x86_64/Makefile (tests): Add tst-mallocalign1.
> ? ? ? ?* sysdeps/x86_64/tst-mallocalign1.c: New file.
This looks good to me.
I trust you know the psABI requirement, so I didn't double check that.
I figure that if malloc/malloc.c (MALLOC_ALIGNMENT) changes to be
below the requirement that this test would trigger a regression?
At present we have ((2 * sizeof(size_t)) - 1) which should be (16 - 1)
and meet the required minimum.
Does that make sense?