This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PATCH: Add x32 ffs
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 10:00:02 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Add x32 ffs
- References: <20120516123256.GA995@intel.com>
Though the code is the same, I think it's better to #include the x86_64
file and add weak_alias (__fs, ffsl). That way if the x86_64 code ever
changed or improved, x32 would use the version that can make the x86_64
assumptions about what instructions can be used.