This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PATCH: Use R*_LP on pointers in __longjmp.S and setjmp.S
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 09:39:02 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Use R*_LP on pointers in __longjmp.S and setjmp.S
- References: <20120515043451.GA4133@intel.com>
> movq (JB_RBP*8)(%rdi),%r9
> movq (JB_PC*8)(%rdi),%rdx
It saves a byte to make this:
It makes no difference but is consistent to do it for the JB_RSP and JB_RBP
loads too, so might as well.