This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PATCH: Use __builtin_clzll in 64-bit __logb
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hongjiu dot lu at intel dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 22:28:05 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Use __builtin_clzll in 64-bit __logb
- References: <20120511122204.GA3854@intel.com> <4FB15941.email@example.com>
On Mon, 14 May 2012, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> On 05/11/2012 02:22 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
> > Hi,
> > X32 uses 64-bit math function. But its long is 32bit. 64-bit __logb
> > should use __builtin_clzll instead of __builtin_clzl. Testd on Linux/x32
> > and Linux/x86-64. OK to install?
> HJ, you filed bz # 14103 for this. Please add the number to ChangeLog, to NEWS
> and mark it as resolved (the same applies for 14104),
HJ, though you closed the bugs note the other parts of this request: the
ChangeLog entry for the bug 14103 fix should include that bug number (it's
only present for the 14104 fix) and both should be added to the list in
the NEWS file of bugs fixed in 2.16 (whenever you fix a bug you should add
it to that list).
Joseph S. Myers