This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
ABI test baseline status
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, libc-ports at sourceware dot org
- Cc: "Ryan S. Arnold" <rsa at us dot ibm dot com>, Carlos O'Donell <carlos_odonell at mentor dot com>, Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>, Chris Metcalf <cmetcalf at tilera dot com>, Kaz Kojima <kkojima at rr dot iij4u dot or dot jp>, Thomas Schwinge <thomas at codesourcery dot com>, Andreas Krebbel <Andreas dot Krebbel at de dot ibm dot com>, "H.J. Lu" <hongjiu dot lu at intel dot com>, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 10:42:12 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: ABI test baseline status
Looking at the status of check-abi baseline data, since check-abi was
enabled by default and the data moved into sysdeps, some architectures
either have no data or have not had it updated since the move. It might
of course be the case that the data was accurate with no changes, but
experience with other architectures suggests this in unlikely. Though
checking the data is something architecture maintainers should do after
the release freeze, that's to detect any ABI breakage over the course of
the release cycle; setting up the baselines (cross-checked with old
releases where possible) shouldn't wait for the freeze.
* sh data hasn't been updated and probably needs to be.
* s390 data (both s390-32 and s390-64) hasn't been updated and probably
needs to be.
* When the x32 port is complete, that will need ABI baseline data.
* Likewise, when Hurd support is properly functional a Hurd ABI baseline
will be needed.
* Ryan, will you be adding ABI baseline data for powerpc-nofpu or shall I
* alpha needs data added.
* hppa needs data added.
* tile needs data added (probably three baselines - tilepro, tilegx32,
tilegx64). In addition, other changes to tile and linux-generic are
needed to bring them up to date with libc changes since those ports were
added. (If you are maintaining a port, you really need to follow
glibc-cvs, watch out for libc changes relevant to the port and try to get
it updated within days unless you're away at the time. We should also try
to make clear in patch postings if they are relevant to ports, but
following glibc-cvs is a good idea as well.) Specifically, the
linux-generic bits/typesizes.h (and the alpha one) doesn't seem to have
been updated for
2012-04-10 H.J. Lu <email@example.com>
* bits/typesizes.h (__SNSECONDS_T_TYPE): New macro.
There is still a sysdeps/tile/elf directory although the use of elf/
directories was eliminated on 2012-03-27. tile needs crti.S and crtn.S -
the old initfini system was removed 2012-02-21. tile's bits/siginfo.h
needs updating for the namespace changes on 2012-02-26/2012-02-27 (not
using the "struct siginfo" name, defining / using pthread_attr_t
appropriately) - as, it seems, does ia64; likewise tile's pthreadtypes.h.
(And noticed in the course of seeing just how out of date tile had become
in a few months: ia64 has a stray __ELF__ conditional in
sysdeps/ia64/fpu/libm-symbols.h. alpha and hppa need rather more
substantial checks of their sysdeps files to get them properly back in
Joseph S. Myers