This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Support installing headers for bootstrapping libgcc
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Chris Metcalf <cmetcalf at tilera dot com>
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 13:22:18 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Support installing headers for bootstrapping libgcc
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org><20120309190400.552E82C0A7@topped-with-meat.com><Pine.LNX.email@example.com><20120323000616.32F372C08D@topped-with-meat.com><Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org><20120511183752.0B1112C0BE@topped-with-meat.com><4FAD5FCA.email@example.com>
> I have in fact found it handy to have sln installed on my live system.
Then go ahead and encourage coreutils or someplace like that to install a
statically-linked tool for such uses. There's no need to have it as part
of the libc build.