This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
#warning _FORTIFY_SOURCE hitting in build of vprintf.c
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 15:44:22 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: #warning _FORTIFY_SOURCE hitting in build of vprintf.c
[AJ, please ignore the first copy I sent you when I forgot to CC the list.]
After your change, I'm getting:
In file included from ../libio/stdio.h:27,
../include/features.h:330:4: warning: #warning _FORTIFY_SOURCE requires compiling with optimization (-O)
vprintf.c is obviously compiled with -O2 like everything else.
Can you investigate? Off hand it looks like vprintf.c can just include
something or other to get <features.h> before its #undef. Or probably
better, we could just use something different to control the bits/stdio.h
inline definition. Off hand it looks like #define __NO_INLINE__ at the top
of vprintf.c would do it.
As a general admonition, everybody should be looking out for new warnings
appearing in the compilation when they make a change.