This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Minimum Linux kernel version for glibc 2.17
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, Aurelien Jarno <aurel32 at debian dot org>
- Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 11:24:27 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Minimum Linux kernel version for glibc 2.17
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
I think 2.6.16 is fine. I concur with Mike's comments that
kernel-features.h macros should still test for the actual kernel
versions in macros that exist there. I certainly think it's fine to
deconditionalize the actual code when that makes it smaller/cleaner.
But I think it would be wise that at least for any case that did not
exist in the first 2.6 kernel, we leave behind a comment saying in
which kernel version (we believe) a syscall or feature first appeared.