This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Minimum Linux kernel version for glibc 2.17
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: joseph at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, aurel32 at debian dot org
- Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 12:02:17 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Minimum Linux kernel version for glibc 2.17
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
From: "Joseph S. Myers" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 10:25:50 +0000 (UTC)
> Any comments?
I fully support increasing the minimum kernel version to 2.6.16
> (Suggestions that we require a kernel more recent than 2.6.16 are
> also welcome, but increasing the requirement beyond 2.6.16 would
> require more care about the accuracy of the existing conditions in
> kernel-features.h; see bug 9894 regarding some versions there being
> inaccurate; Aurelien was at one point doing a general check of at
> least the more recent entries in kernel-features.h.)
FWIW, I audited the checks in that file from a Sparc perspective a few
months ago and fixed up all the problems I spotted.