This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PATCH: Update longlong.h from GLIBC
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot com>, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>, Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 06:20:36 -0700
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Update longlong.h from GLIBC
- References: <20120507211142.GA9268@intel.com><firstname.lastname@example.org><4FA8EE86.email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 4:05 AM, Andreas Jaeger <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 08, 2012 11:59:34 Richard Earnshaw wrote:
>> On 08/05/12 10:04, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>> > On Tuesday, May 08, 2012 10:43:14 Richard Guenther wrote:
>> >> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 11:11 PM, H.J. Lu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> >>> Hi,
>> >>> I am preparing to update GLIBC longlong.h from GCC. ?This patch
>> >>> updates GCC longlong.h to use a URL instead of an FSF postal address
>> >>> and ?replace spaces with tab. ?OK to install?
>> >>> Since I'd like to simply copy longlong.h from GCC release branch to
>> >>> GLIBC, Is this also OK for 4.7 branch?
>> >> Why? ?Does it fix anything there?
>> > It makes sharing the file between gcc and glibc easier,
>> > Andreas
>> Why should glibc be depending on the GCC release branch? ?Sounds like
>> the tail wagging the dog.
> Ah, you discuss the release branch ;) Let HJ defend that one.
>> Changing this file has quite a high potential for introducing
>> regressions. ?I don't think we should risk that on the release branch.
> It's only whitespace ?IMO. I'm arguing for the trunk to take the change,
I will take whatever I can get.
Ian, is this OK for trunk?