This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: One NEWS file to rule them all.
On Tue, 8 May 2012, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> Thanks. I'll update the wiki and start talking about the changes.
I'd say the changes needed to bring into effect the use of NEWS for both
libc and ports are:
* Check all the ChangeLog files in ports for [BZ #] numbers for bugs fixed
since 2.15, and add them to the NEWS file.
* Note the following ports changes in NEWS individually:
- (Update to existing entry) IA64 moved from libc to ports.
- ARM hard-float dynamic linker, as discussed.
- ARM old-ABI support removed.
- CRIS support removed.
At least the following libc changes should also be noted in NEWS for 2.16:
- Optimized functions for SPARC.
- Optimized functions for Power.
- If it gets in in time for 2.16, x32 support.
- It would be good for the list of fixed bugs to come with a short
summary of the major areas of fixed bugs.
Joseph S. Myers