This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] BZ #14059 - HAS_FMA4 check needs to also check for AVX
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at systemhalted dot org>
- To: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 09:38:59 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] BZ #14059 - HAS_FMA4 check needs to also check for AVX
- References: <email@example.com>
On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 4:23 AM, Andreas Jaeger <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> There are two things broken in checking for HAS_FMA4/AVX on x86-64 in
> the multiarch code:
> 1. We should disable FAM4 if AVX is not available (due to disabled
> ? OSXSAVE)
> 2. commit 56f6f6a2403cfa7267cad722597113be35ecf70d reverted some changes
> ? from commit 08cf777f9e7f6d826658a99c7d77a359f73a45bf but forgot to
> ? revert the change for AVX. We really have to disable AVX if it's
> The issue is easy reproduceable under Xen for the reporter.
> Also, the two commits introduced YMM_Usable and removed its usage but
> did not remove the code from the headers, I'm cleaning this up as well.
> I'm appending a patch that I tested on Linux/x86-64 (without Xen).
> Ok to commit?
I'm in the process of backporting patches to fix this on 2.15:
If this fix is applied on top of these commits and required to finally
fix the issue then please add them to bug #13753 so I can include them
in the backport.