This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] PowerPC - logb[f|l] optimization for POWER7
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 13:25:08 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PowerPC - logb[f|l] optimization for POWER7
- References: <4FA911C7.email@example.com>
On Tue, 8 May 2012, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
> +/* logb(). PowerPC/POWER7 version.
> + Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> + Contributed by Adhemerval Zanella Netto <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
We no longer put "Contributed by" lines in new source files; they become
less and less meaningful over time as multiple people make changes and
enhancements to the files and copy them as a basis for files for other
systems. Instead, significant new features (which include optimized
versions of functions) should be mentioned in the NEWS file, and
contributors of them can be named there.
Joseph S. Myers