This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 0/2] BZ#10375 fixes
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at systemhalted dot org>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 22:06:40 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] BZ#10375 fixes
- References: <20120507230613.1D8222C06E@topped-with-meat.com>
On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 7:06 PM, Roland McGrath <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I took a crack at this one from Carlos's fix-me-soon list.
> These changes are on the roland/bz10375 branch.
> With these fixes, I can build x86_64-linux-gnu on Ubuntu 10.04
> with its stock system compiler (4.4.3-4ubuntu5.1), which does
> both of these inane things. ?Previously I was always passing
> CPPFLAGS=-U_FORTIFY_SOURCE and CFLAGS='-g -O2 -fno-stack-protector'
> to configure.
> The second one seems especially fragile, but I don't know of a better plan.
> It certainly needs to get some more testing on a wider variety of machines
> and compilers before I'll feel sanguine about merging it.
Thanks for taking a crack at this!
My build script does close to that e.g.
export CFLAGS="-g -O2 -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -fno-stack-protector"
I think you should feel empowered to call upon the distro maintainers
to help test this: