This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
The GNU C Library 2.16 release plan.
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos_odonell at mentor dot com>
- To: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 15:33:45 -0400
- Subject: The GNU C Library 2.16 release plan.
I would like to freeze trunk for a 2.16 release starting May 14th.
That means there is one more week left of active development.
The timeline looks like this:
* [1 week] Final week of active development.
* Development freeze of trunk on May 14th.
* [3 weeks] Ask all machine maintainers to test and report back the status of their machines.
* Updating ABI files so ABI check passes.
* Updating ULPs for the release.
* Regenerating any machine files that are out of date.
If I hear back from the machine maintainers quickly then this might be as short as 1-2 days and we release early.
* [1 week] Between June 4th-8th I will branch master to the 2.16 branch and, after any last minute tweaks, tag it for a final release.
* The release will be made the second week of June.
Mentor Graphics / CodeSourcery
+1 (613) 963 1026