This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[PATCH 2/2] glibc: Define HAVE_ARM_PCS_VFP
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at systemhalted dot org>
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: libc-ports at sourceware dot org, Khem Raj <raj dot khem at gmail dot com>
- Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 22:21:59 -0400
- Subject: [PATCH 2/2] glibc: Define HAVE_ARM_PCS_VFP
This final patch adds a config.h.in definition that will be set by the
ARM configure fragment when the hard-float ABI is detected.
The ARM shlib-versions file will use an %ifdef HAVE_ARM_PCS_VFP to
select the appropriate dynamic linker.
It was noted by Joseph Myers that it not a very good design to have
x86/x86_64, SPARC, Power, and now ARM defines in the top-level
config.in.h. We really should cleanup the config.in.h processing to
allow machines to have config.h.in fragments. While I agree that this
is where we want to go, I don't want to see this cleanup block the ARM
dynamic linker name changes. I've filed
http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=14068 to look into the
OK to commit?
2012-05-06 Carlos O'Donell <email@example.com>
* config.h.in: Add HAVE_ARM_PCS_VFP.
diff --git a/config.h.in b/config.h.in
index 81704a1..787873b 100644
@@ -218,4 +218,7 @@
#define HAVE_REGEX 1
+/* The ARM hard-float ABI is being used. */