This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Use -frounding-math for math testsuite
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, rguenther at suse dot de
- Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 14:04:03 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Use -frounding-math for math testsuite
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, 2 May 2012, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> Still, we should tell GCC that we manipulate the rounding mode and
> therefore add -frounding-math to these files that call fesetround. This
> works around the bug as well and will avoid problems in the future if
> GCC optimizes further.
> Tested on Linux/x86-64.
> Ok to commit?
Please commit this. Strictly we should compile all the libraries with
-frounding-math as well, since library functions may be called in any
rounding mode (and without -frounding-math, round-to-nearest is assumed);
the only things for which it's not needed are the miscellaneous
executables, and those testcases (i.e. all except the ones this patch
addresses) that don't change the rounding mode.
Joseph S. Myers