This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 0/3] eliminate native-built programs for elf/ tests
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 19:05:29 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] eliminate native-built programs for elf/ tests
- References: <20120501173942.9FF092C0BE@topped-with-meat.com>
On Tue, 1 May 2012, Roland McGrath wrote:
> These are tailored fairly exactly to what the output from binutils
> readelf looks like, so if it changes its output details in fairly slight
> ways, they could break. I think binutils maintainers know that people
> write scripts like this and avoid such changes, but if it comes up we
> can make the scripts smarter/more-tolerant in the future.
I think you do need to make sure readelf is run with LC_ALL=C since you're
matching English text from readelf. Maybe also awk (the makefiles do run
awk script with LC_ALL=C in various places) though I'm not sure what
locale-dependencies apply there.
Joseph S. Myers