This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 0/3] eliminate native-built programs for elf/ tests
- From: "Ryan S. Arnold" <ryan dot arnold at gmail dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 12:47:18 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] eliminate native-built programs for elf/ tests
- References: <20120501173942.9FF092C0BE@topped-with-meat.com>
On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Roland McGrath <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> 2. check-execstack
> Â It would be good if someone could test this on powerpc64. ÂThat's the
> Â only configuration that might test the case of no PT_GNU_STACK marker
> Â being acceptable, because the platform default is nonexecutable
> Â stack. ÂBut I have no idea if in fact the normal tool arrangements
> Â omit the marker anyway (off hand it seems unlikely).
I dealt with this a few years ago so I've long since forgotten the
details. We'll (IBM) take a look.