Re: PATCH: Configure x86_64 in sysdeps/x86_64/preconfigure

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Roland McGrath <roland@hack.frob.com> wrote:
> You haven't said why you think these things need to be done in a
> preconfigure fragment rather than a configure fragment.
>
> The only intended purpose of preconfigure fragments is things that
> influence the selection of sysdeps directories. ?If it appears that
> anything else needs to go there for configure to do its job correctly,
> then that points to a problem we want to explore explicitly rather than
> paper over.

I need to set machine, libc_cv_slibdir and libc_cv_localedir properly
for both x86-64 and x32.  For x86-64, machine should be x86_64/64
and for x32, machine should be x86_64/x32 so that proper sysdeps
directories will be used.  That leaves libc_cv_slibdir and libc_cv_localedir.
Should they be set in sysdeps/x86_64/preconfigure or
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/configure?

--
H.J.