This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PATCH: Configure x86_64 in sysdeps/x86_64/preconfigure
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 10:28:56 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Configure x86_64 in sysdeps/x86_64/preconfigure
- References: <20120321165853.GA26558@intel.com>
You haven't said why you think these things need to be done in a
preconfigure fragment rather than a configure fragment.
The only intended purpose of preconfigure fragments is things that
influence the selection of sysdeps directories. If it appears that
anything else needs to go there for configure to do its job correctly,
then that points to a problem we want to explore explicitly rather than