This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PATCH: Configure x86_64 in sysdeps/x86_64/preconfigure
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 17:03:48 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Configure x86_64 in sysdeps/x86_64/preconfigure
- References: <20120321165853.GA26558@intel.com>
On Wed, 21 Mar 2012, H.J. Lu wrote:
> This patch sets arch_minimum_kernel, libc_cv_slibdir and
> libc_cv_localedir for both 32bit and 64bit x86_64 in
> sysdeps/x86_64/preconfigure. It sets x32 minimum kernel to 2.6.39
> although kernel 3.4 is the first upsteam kernel with x32 support. I
> backported x32 support to kernel 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2 as well as 2.6.4x
> kernels on Fedora 15. I can change it to 3.4.0 if needed.
arch_minimum_kernel (at least) belongs in a file under
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux, not a file that would be shared by any other OS
ports on x86_64.
Joseph S. Myers