Re: gets with C++ and GCC before 4.7

This patch has resulted in some interesting discussion of other approaches
for the long-term fix for newer libstdc++ versions and of general
principles, and it's certainly useful to consider such things.  But, none
of that really touches on the matter of fixing the header to work now,
with the 4.6 and earlier compilers that exist now.  And that's what my
patch is meant to do: restore things to a working state with existing
compilers.  As I see it, improvements for future compilers can be done
later at leisure, incrementally building on a fix such as mine, but in any
case we need to fix the case of using new stdio.h with GCC 4.6, *and keep
it fixed in the course of any subsequent changes in this area*.  Does
anyone have anything to say about my patch as a fix for that particular
case?

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com