This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Website redirects.
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos_odonell at mentor dot com>
- Cc: <libc-ports at sourceware dot org>, libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 09:41:14 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: Website redirects.
- References: <4F314062.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> If you notice anything wrong with the website please
> file a bugzilla ticket for the glibc component with
> version "website" and assign them to me.
> Note: I would like to avoid adding a new component to
> track website issues or requests.
glibc is the product, not the component.
We already have the "admin" component for this.
I don't think overloading the version field makes any sense at all.
Please remove the bogus new version. Either an existing component
makes sufficient sense, as "admin" certainly does for web site
issues, or there should be a new component. It's no harder to add
a new component than to add a new version, so I can't really imagine
why you did this.