This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Get rid of PARAMS macro
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 13:27:56 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Get rid of PARAMS macro
- References: <4F22F121.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, 27 Jan 2012, Marek Polacek wrote:
> 2012-01-27 Marek Polacek <email@example.com>
> * libio/libio.h: Don't define _PARAMS.
> * programs/config.h: Don't define PARAMS.
> * stdlib/strtol_l.c: Likewise.
> (__strtol_l): Remove PARAMS from the prototype.
The patch looks good to me. While __P is/was pretty widely used in BSD
code, I don't think we need to worry about code using _PARAMS from libio.h
as if it were a public interface (if we did want to support it as a public
interface, sys/cdefs.h would be a better place).
Joseph S. Myers