This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [Patch] Another fix for cycle detection
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 13:47:17 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Another fix for cycle detection
- References: <4F1DD341.firstname.lastname@example.org>
I think it's clearer to use a type like uint16_t.
If overflow is a concern, then there should be an explicit overflow check.
How about starting out with uint8_t and overflow checking?