This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc 2.15
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 21:25:51 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: glibc 2.15
- References: <CAOPLpQfV1LU5T8-wMm1ZUbNqG8CTHuMcn-hqBVAuf_FbnQ58Yw@mail.gmail.com><4F036050.email@example.com> <20120103205437.8EB6C2C07F@topped-with-meat.com>
On Tue, 3 Jan 2012, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > I just noticed that make check-abi fails for libm,
> There is probably a fair bit of bit-rot in check-abi.
Yes - the lists don't appear to have been updated since 2.3 in 2004.
Regarding the other obsoletion discussions, all the non-TLS cases in the
lists could certainly be removed, and there ought to be a solution for
keeping lists for ports in sysdeps directories (as-is, the m68k data is
still in abilist/ in libc). It's certainly much closer to being useful
than the other things discussed for removal, however - but it works best
when each configuration has someone who will update the ABI for that
architecture shortly before each major release is tagged.
Joseph S. Myers