This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Should --enable-bounded be removed?
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: ppluzhnikov at google dot com (Paul Pluzhnikov)
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 11:13:50 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: Should --enable-bounded be removed?
- References: <20120103185743.8D526190B05@elbrus2.mtv.corp.google.com>
> Doing "./conigure --enable-bounded ..." causes Makeconfig to try to use
> -fbounded-pointers, which has been removed from GCC in 2002.
> Should this optoion be cleaned up from GLIBC sources?
Yes. If there is nothing else like it that can work (mudflap?) then we
should not only remove the configury, but remove all the associated macros
and their uses scattered across many assembly sources.