This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] PowerPC - cache line size initialization
- From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at gmail dot com>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 21:30:17 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PowerPC - cache line size initialization
- References: <4EF1D4FB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 07:45, Adhemerval Zanella
> This patch address the __cache_line_size initialization by moving it to sooner point,
> prior any DSO initialization.
No. Just look what other architectures do. Also, if the value is not
optimized all you should get is less performance. Otherwise the code
isn't written as it should.