This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Implement SH backtrace using IA64 version
- From: Kaz Kojima <kkojima at rr dot iij4u dot or dot jp>
- To: joseph at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, drepper at gmail dot com
- Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 11:16:28 +0900 (JST)
- Subject: Re: Implement SH backtrace using IA64 version
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
"Joseph S. Myers" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On SH, the default debug/backtrace.c using GCC built-in functions
> doesn't work, but the IA64 implementation works as-is, as on x86_64,
> provided you enable unwind info (which is generally needed for
> reliable backtraces on most architectures nowadays; the SH ABI is
> among those that doesn't allow reliable backtraces just using a frame
> pointer). This patch accordingly makes SH use the IA64
> implementation, like x86_64.
> (With this patch, it looks like SPARC 32-bit will be the only libc
> architecture using the default debug/backtrace.c.)
> 2011-12-02 Joseph Myers <email@example.com>
> * sysdeps/sh/backtrace.c: New.
Looks fine. Uli, could you please approve this?