This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Implement SH backtrace using IA64 version
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, kkojima at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 02:01:43 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Implement SH backtrace using IA64 version
On SH, the default debug/backtrace.c using GCC built-in functions
doesn't work, but the IA64 implementation works as-is, as on x86_64,
provided you enable unwind info (which is generally needed for
reliable backtraces on most architectures nowadays; the SH ABI is
among those that doesn't allow reliable backtraces just using a frame
pointer). This patch accordingly makes SH use the IA64
implementation, like x86_64.
(With this patch, it looks like SPARC 32-bit will be the only libc
architecture using the default debug/backtrace.c.)
2011-12-02 Joseph Myers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* sysdeps/sh/backtrace.c: New.
diff --git a/sysdeps/sh/backtrace.c b/sysdeps/sh/backtrace.c
new file mode 100644
@@ -0,0 +1 @@
Joseph S. Myers