Re: PATCH: Increase the size of .data.rel section for -z relro check

This seems to me like a bona fide bug in ld.

It doesn't produce a PT_GNU_RELRO at all when there is a .data.rel.ro and
-z relro and so clearly it should.  Yet when there is no .data.rel.ro and
only a .data.rel (and -z relro), it produces a PT_GNU_RELRO covering
nothing by .dynamic (which is correct).

The ld implementation relating to relro is rather byzantine and I haven't
made any sense of it so far.  Perhaps someone like you or Andreas who knows
the ld code better could figure out what's going on.

I suppose we could just put the test back the way it was, where it's
actually testing nothing but a RELRO containing .dynamic.  But even if we
decide to contort the test around some ld bugs, I'd like to know what ld's
story on this is before we decide exactly what to do.

Thanks,
Roland