This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PATCH: Mark __dso_handle hidden
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 21:44:07 +0200
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Mark __dso_handle hidden
- References: <20110615131012.GA13431@intel.com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 06:10:12AM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> Since __dso_handle is always hidden, we can optimize atexit by marking
> __dso_handle hidden.
That will break linking with old gcc versions and non-gcc compilers.
While it is fine to require recent gcc versions to build glibc itself,
atexit is in libc_nonshared.a.